PanFS® Storage Operating System
POWERING PANASAS ACTIVESTOR®
PanFS® is the operating environment for the ActiveStor® family of scale-out NAS solutions. PanFS enables direct parallel access to a high-performance pool of storage under a single global namespace. Functions performed by PanFS include easy central management, automatic load balancing, and enterprise-grade data protection, high availability, and robust multiprotocol support for the most demanding enterprise and research technical computing applications.
- Extreme Performance – High speed, parallel access to a single file system via DirectFlow®, NFS, and CIFS protocols
- High Scalability – Linearly scales to over 8PB and 150GB/s
- Easy-to-Manage – One unified point of management; no more "islands of storage"
- Unsurpassed Data Protection – Intelligent Object RAID delivers the fastest RAID rebuilds available, along with tiered data protection and automatic load balancing
- Multiprotocol Support – Enterprise-grade interoperability and easy deployment in mixed Linux/Unix/Windows environments
Key to the high value of Panasas storage is the tight level of integration delivered in every ActiveStor appliance. Unlike other storage systems that loosely couple parallel file system software with legacy block storage arrays, PanFS combines the functions of a parallel file system, volume manager, and RAID engine into one holistic platform, capable of serving petabytes of data at incredible speeds from a single file system. This is accomplished while avoiding the management burden and reliability problems inherent in most competitive network attached storage systems, making Panasas storage ideal for private cloud computing and dedicated storage environments alike. Enterprise-grade multiprotocol support enables seamless integration in heterogeneous Linux/Unix/Windows environments.