Visit Panasas at SC11
Visit us at Supercomputing 2011 (SC11), November 14 - 17, in Seattle, Washington, at the Washington State Convention Center, in booth #1506.
We are planning a lot of informative events for our customers, partners, prospects and the press – most notably, we would like to invite all interested show attendees to the Panasas breakfast; details are below. If you would like to request a meeting with Panasas, please follow the included link. We’ll see you there.
Panasas Award Nominations:
Panasas is pleased to have been nominated for three HPCwire Readers Choice Awards. Winners will be named at SC11 – thank you for your vote(s); keep your fingers crossed:
- Best HPC Storage Product or Technology – ActiveStor 12
- Top 5 New Products or Technologies to Watch – Panasas ActiveStor
- Top 5 Vendors to Watch – Panasas
Request a Meeting with Panasas:
Use the following form to request a meeting with Panasas at SC11 – http://performance.panasas.com/sc11-meetingrequest-organic-nov11.html
In-Booth Partner Reception:
Panasas partners are invited to our in-booth partner cocktail reception to learn about our latest partner-focused activities. One lucky partner will walk away with an Apple® iPad2 – guaranteed!
- Date: Monday, November 14, 2011
- Time: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Location: Panasas booth# 1506
Show Floor Partner Program:
“Panasas and Our Premier Partners – A Winning Combination”
Visit participating partner booths for information about how you can instantly win an Apple® iPad2, courtesy of Panasas. Multiple iPads will be given away in the Panasas booth throughout the show.
Participating partners include: Appro (booth #2312); Clustervision (booth #2735); DoD HPCMP (booth #735); Penguin Computing (booth #643); SICORP (booth #2618)
“The Road to Exascale”
Space is limited, R.S.V.P. required at http://performance.panasas.com/sc11-customerbreakfast-nov11.html
Panasas and SICORP, a Panasas partner for implementing Panasas-based solutions, invite you to a special breakfast event during SC11 where you can engage with industry luminaries who are on their way to making exascale computing a reality. Your host for this complimentary breakfast will be Panasas president and CEO, Faye Pairman. The morning will feature a panel discussion to be moderated by HPC writer/practitioner, Douglas Eadline, and will include notable HPC innovators from Panasas and Los Alamos National Lab (LANL).
And, you guessed it; one lucky person will walk away with yet another Apple® iPad – guaranteed.
- Date: Wednesday, November 16
- Time: 7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Location: Grand Hyatt Hotel (directly across from the convention center)
- Room: Leonesa Ballroom
Panel Discussion Participants:
- Garth Gibson, Founder and Chief Technology Officer of Panasas
- Gary Grider, Deputy Division Leader, HPC Division at LANL
- Henry Newman, Chief Executive Officer and CTO of Instrumental, Inc.
- Addison Snell, Chief Executive Officer of Intersect360 Research
Panel Discussion Topics:
- How long is the road to exascale? Will the U.S. government’s 2018 exascale target be met?
- The challenges of delivering 1018 Floating Point Operations per Second (FLOPS)
- System capabilities needed to deliver the required 70TB/s bandwidth
- The role that SSDs may play in exascale implementations
R.S.V.P. required at http://performance.panasas.com/sc11-customerbreakfast-nov11.html
Panasas Presentations at SC11:
1. Sunday, November 13
9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in the Princessa II ballroom
"6th Parallel Data Storage Workshop” with Dr. Garth Gibson, Panasas co-founder and CTO, and Dr. Brent Welch, director of software architecture at Panasas, et.al.
2. Monday, November 14
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., convention center room M09
“Parallel I/O in Practice” tutorial session with Dr. Brent Welch, director of software architecture at Panasas, et.al.
3. Thursday, November 17
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., convention center room WSCC 2A/2B
Special Topic: “Developing the Rarest of the Rare: Low-level Systems Infrastructure Skills at Scale” Workforce Development Panel with Dr. Garth Gibson, et.al.
4. Thursday, November 17
2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. in convention center room TCC 303
“MapReduce and Network QoS” technical paper presentation with Dr. Garth Gibson, et.al.